Step By Step Instruction For Making Laundry Bar At Home. The Procedure And Instruction You Need Is Included
How To Make Laundry Bar Soap At Home From Scratch
In this extra special project, I will show you how I make my homemade laundry bars from scratch.
Note: This is not the cut and melt project, it is something I did from scratch and I am proud to tell you that it came out beautifully even much much better than the synthetic laundry bars we buy from store.
I used 2 oils, lye, borax and lemon essential oils. See the full recipe below
Homemade Bar Soap Making Ingredients
- Distilled Water – 149 gram
- Lye – 76 gram
- Coconut oil – 315 gram
- Palm Oil (Sustainable one) – 140gram
- Borax – 28 gram (dissolved in hot water)
- Lemon Essential Oil – 2 tablespoons
Homemade Bar Soap Making Procedure
- Melt the oils (coconut oil and palm oil)
- Prepare your lye solution, if you don’t know how to make one, watch the video below
- Once your lye solution and oil reaches 53 degree celcius, pour the lye water into the oil.
- Add your borax into the mixture
- Even though I missed this part in the video, add a little bit of boiling water to the borax so as to allow it to dissolve before adding it into the lye and oil solution.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until a trace forms.
- Once a trace forms, add 2 table spoons of Lemon Essential oil
- Mix with a spatula thoroughly and pour into the mold
- Allow it to sit between 6 to 24 hours before unmolding
- Allow your soap to cure for 2 to 4 weeks before using.
It takes this long for saponification to complete.
During this period, all the water and lye will have evaporated.
You can now use your soap to wash.
Here is how the soap came out 2 hours after.
Check out the soap after cut.
To enjoy the soap, you will have to wait for two to four weeks.
Watch the video of this DIY project below
Subscribe to my skincare YouTube Channel at Skincare Queen TV.