Acne scars are the different marks a breakout may leave behind. It normally occurs when too much collagen forms around the acne. Also, there are different options available (home-packs and chemical products) when it comes to treating acne scars but if you want to get rid of yours naturally without using chemical products, try these remedies:
- Castor oil: It has antimicrobial properties that can help reduce acne symptoms. It also helps to fight bacterial overgrowth on the skin.
- Aloe vera: Fresh aloe vera gel can also help to clear acne scars. Apply the aloe gel with a cotton swab directly on the scar and massage it. Leave for 30 minutes before rinsing off. Do this 2 or 3 times daily.
These products contain active ingredients that will nourish your skin.
- Avoid touching your face: We are all guilty of this because we always want to feel what’s on our face. Popping pimples with your hand will spread bacteria and make the already inflamed skin to scar.
- Use turmeric. It contains antioxidants that fasten the healing of scars and blemishes. You can also mix it with lemon for a stronger effect.
- Almond oil: It is an effective treatment that helps to reduce scarring. The vitamin E content in the oil helps to make the skin smooth.
- Use a face toner: A face toner is very good for acne-prone skin. It helps to balance the skin pH and rid it from any impurities.
- Use buttermilk. It contains essential vitamins and lactic acid which helps to remove acne scars and blemishes. To use, add a little lemon or lime juice.
- Baking soda: It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can balance your skin pH and refresh your scarred skin.
Just mix 2 teaspoons of baking powder with equal amounts of water in a bowl. Make sure it is properly mixed. Apply it to your acne scar, leave for a couple of minutes then rinse it off or you can add coconut oil to the baking soda, and apply it for 4-5 minutes
- Use potato. You can grate it to extract its juice. It contains vitamins and minerals that help to eliminate the scars caused by acne and pimple.
- Avoid greasy or junky foods and focus on fruits and vegetables.
- Rub chamomile oil. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lemon: It is a natural bleaching agent that will lighten any scar on your skin. Apply fresh lemon juice on the scar, leave for 10 minutes and rinse off with water or mix lemon juice and honey, use a cotton ball to apply it on the scar, leave for 10-15 minutes then wash off.