In this short skincare article, I’m going to show you how to use papaya to make face mask for acne.
Fruit are very good source of nutrients and vitamins as we all know they are very good in reducing blemishes and tightening the pores.
They make the skin supple and lessen the occurrence of breakouts.
Here is what you need to make your own papa face mask.
This one is for home use only not for those selling it because fresh fruit has actives that may make it not suitable for professional use.
What You Need
- You need 2 table spoons of full fat yogurt.
- Yogurt with high fat content. Any yogurt that you have at home will do.
- Don’t forget use 2 tablespoons if you want more, you can use 4 table spoons
- half teaspoon of honey
- A handful of papaya that you already have at home just cut a bit and let it be handful.
- half table spoon of milk cream
- half teaspoon of lemon juice.
This is how to prepare this face mask.
- Mash the papaya in to a smooth paste. If you have papaya powder, you can use a pinch but fresh papaya will do well for this particular face mask.
- Add the honey and the yogurt.
- If you have dry skin use the milk cream. For oily skin, skip the milk cream and add the lemon juice.
- If you have dry skin, you need more moisture so you are going to use milk cream but for oily skin, you don’t need excess oil, you will skip the milk cream and use lemon juice.
Mix everything together and apply the mixture on your face and leave it for at least 15 to 17 minutes depending on your skin type.
If your skin type is dry, don’t leave it on for more than 10 minutes. If you have oily skin you can leave it on as much as 25 minutes.
Wash off your face and pat it dry.
How Often Should I Use Papaya Face Mask
Try this twice every week. It is very very good just make sure you space the date.
Also if you want a stronger more together face scrub, just add a bit of oatmeal if you have one.
If you don’t have oatmeal, you can add any clay you have, whether you have kaolin clay or any face you have at home. Use any clay you have at home.
You can also use activated charcoal, you can add a pinch.
That will make your scrub stronger and more together and it is going to stay on the skin more.