Hormonal acne normally occurs during puberty but it can also be triggered by menstruation, increased androgen level, menopause and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
This is because any change in your hormone activates the oil glands in your body and this in turn promotes the growth of bacteria. Here are some natural ways to deal with it.
- Take green tea. Green tea attacks free radicals and reduces oil excretions in the skin.
- Use onion extract to fight off the acne.
- Eat foods high in antioxidants and antimicrobial properties.
- Use Shea butter to moisturize your skin. It doesn’t block your skin pores.
- Wash your face in the morning and evening.
- Use potato juice. It is loaded with nutrients that can do wonders for your skin. You can use it directly on the acne or you can mix it with tomato juice for a better result.
- Avoid picking or touching the acne to lessen skin irritation.
- Make use of turmeric powder.
- Use mild soaps or cleansers with warm water.
- Limit the way you use make-up.
- Don’t scrub your face instead use a soft towel with water to clean your face.
- Avoid sugary and greasy foods. Just eat healthy foods that will reduce your risk of developing acne.
- Use skin friendly oil like coconut oil, olive oil, chamomile oil, castor oil, etc.